The board had earlier suspected typhoid fever or shigella dysentery as the cause of the mysterious deaths in the community but has identified the real cause through a blood sampling test they carried out on the infected person by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).
They also conducted a sampling test on the water from the well as wall as three boreholes, however, the result showed the presence of a bacterium known as clostridium perfringes.
He said clostridium perfringes is a bacterium which occurs in the soil, contaminates food and the intestinal track of human beings.
He pointed out that the bacterium causes food poisoning and the incubation period is between four and 24 hours.
"The bacteria tend to cause fever, abdominal pains and diarrhoea.
"Clostridium has a lot of toxin, that is why it easily causes a lot of death, especially to the malnourished people," he said. he has assured that the board in conjunction with the FCT Department of Public Health, had brought the outbreak under control. he also revealed that the affected persons have being provided with drugs.
Mr. Muhammad stated to the News men that board had embarked on massive health education in the community to enlighten people on sanitation and the need for personal hygiene as a lasting solution to the problem while urging AMAC and FCT Administration to provide safe and clean water for the community.